Vista Boot Problems - TI 11

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by SandC, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SandC

SandC Registered Member

I have an HP a1640n desktop which is a pretty standard Vista Home Premium machine. I bought a Maxtor OneTouch Plus drive to back it up. Seagate/Maxter software boot CD would never work. Linux based (I think) and we tried all the same commands listed on this forum (acpi=off noapic). Seagate then offered to me their Seagate DiskWizard which is a dumbed down version of Acronis True Image(?). This worked fine and I can boot from the CD if I need to for recovery. I decided I like it so I bought the full version of True Image 11 and what do you know....I can't boot from the CD for recovery.

Explanations and/or suggestions as to why and how can I get to worko_O?

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Do you have the latest version of TI 11, and did you make the recovery CD from that version?

If the answer is yes to both, then Acronis has removed some essential driver from the TI 11 Linux. What a pain.

Send Tech Support an email, and they may be able to provide a custom boot CD.

3. SandC

SandC Registered Member

The answer is yes to both. Thanks for your response. I will email tech support.

4. SandC

SandC Registered Member

I downloaded the Safemode option and that works fine for boot-up with the disk I made. Is that because Safemode is DOS based and not Linux based?

5. jmk94903

Yes, but it normally won't support external drives such as USB drives. In some cases where the BIOS supports the external drive, they are supported even in the Safe Mode of TI.

Boot into the CD Safe Mode and see if you can see all the drives you need, both the internal hard drives and the external Maxtor drive on your system.

6. SandC

SandC Registered Member

Help Support Case Number 1410212

I have been sending files and pictures of screen shots to the support center since April this year trying to get the TI 11 to boot from the disk. Have not heard anything now for over 2 and half weeks. Can I get some help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. jmk94903

Re: Help Support Case Number 1410212

Acronis support is slow sometimes.

Have you read the messages about creating a VistaPE boot disk with the TI 11 plug-in or Mustang's better plug-in? Since your problem is that the TI 11 boot disk which runs Linux doesn't work, using the VistaPE disk which runs a small version of Windows Vista should be successful.

Note, that the Seagate DiscWizard (TI 10) boot disk will not be able to restore backup images made with TI 11. The file format has changed, and TI 10 cannot read the TI 11 backups. If you try to select a TI 11 image from the Seagate DiscWizard boot CD, it will say that this isn't a TI image.

8. shieber

shieber Registered Member

The Seagate version is of Version ATI 10 and the ATI proig curretnly avaiulable form Acronis is 11. Versin 11 has a new linux engine on the boot CD and while it and it's drivers can handle some hardware the prior versions of ATI could not, it can't handlesome of th hardware that prior versions could.

The only fix is to go through the investigative mill with Tech Support and hope you finally get an iso to burn to cd that will work or make a BartPE or VistaPE disk. Sounds like you already put in your time and then some with Tech Support. I recommend Mustang's step by step guide. I don't recommend ATI11 or specifically it's bootCD. Hopefully, ATI will be straightened out by the time ATI12 is released.

9. Doug_B

Doug_B Registered Member

There are other / additional startup parameters you can try to see if the ATI Recovery CD version boots in full mode. Look at Appendix D in the ATI 11 User Manual: http://us1.download.acronis.com/pdf/TrueImage11_ug.en.pdf.

Doug

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello SandC,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Backup software.

Please tell me the number of your case. I'll check how the issue is investigated and try to escalate the issue processing.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

11. SandC

SandC Registered Member

Case Number 1410212

Thanks for your help.

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello SandC,

Thank you for the answer.

I've contacted responsible person and you'll get an answer in the nearest time.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.