Vista Backup

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Rico, Jul 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Guys,

Why would you use (Acronis, or any other Imager) when Vista provides a backup system?

I use XP & have never seen Vista. I'm to teach a class (Vista) backup & restore. I had planned to go about this using a 3rd party imaging program. Help

Rico

2. stratoc

stratoc Guest

full back up is only in ultimate. i use it. i used acronis before with xp and it's much better (as most microsoft features, de frag etc, it's a bit basic). for example you cant put the image onto a different size hard drive it has to be identical, i bought larger faster drives for my pc and just got 'one or more of the drives is wrong size (something like that) error, so had to download acronis trial and use that to copy and reimage my system disk.
    acronis is much more in depth, and reliable vista back up has failed me once, but worked all other times, acronis uses resources of course.

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

only Business and Ultimate versions have the backup and restore functionality

4. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

And the other versions, like Basic, Home Premium, are plagued with a recovery system they cannot even fully use !

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

according to the charts i have read alll versions of windows 7 have full imaging program bultin.
    btw since not everyone has a windows cd they may not be able to restore the images unless they create a special windows pe cd themselfs.

6. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Thanks Guys,

I'' feel comfortable steering them towards Macrium Reflect.

Many Thanks
    Rico

7. OldMX

OldMX Registered Member

Rico, why dont you try Clonezilla or Ping, both freeware and very effective, no need to install them, just burn the .iso to cd and run from outside windows.

8. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Pushed earlier in these parts by imaging educator, good'ol nod32_9 ....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.