Vista and user accounts

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Long View, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Long View

Long View Registered Member

I'm trying to set up a vista home laptop for 2 users. I have an admin account and 2 limited user accounts.

Am I correct in assuming that If Install all programs from the admin account both users will be able to use the program ? and at a later date if one of them wants to install thru their user account that account will have the program and the other account will not.

sorry for such basic questions - but have never tried vista or standard /limited accounts for diff users

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

3. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Thanks

Have managed to set up laptop with one admin account and 2 Standard.
    all programs installed so far thru the admin.

can not see what to do if at some later stage a 3rd standard account were to be added. I would hope that this new user would be able to have access to all programs previously installed via admin ? will find out when I try this later.

Although I hated Vista a few hours ago it is now starting to grow on me - just takes a bit of getting used to.

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Long View, you're welcome! Perhaps this Windows Vista Help page, under User Accounts, will help you in the future should you want to add more accounts. Be aware that under a Standard Account:

Yes, although I use WinXP in my own PC, I have helped others who are using Vista and like anything else in life, one needs to get used to something new. Vista is not as bad as people think, provided the computer has sufficient RAM to handle all its bells and whistles.

5. tlu

tlu Guest

This will work. However, the new user will not have access to documents produced by other users (unless they are saved in a shared folder). It might also be necessary that every user has to configure some apps according to his/her own needs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.