Vista 64 (Home Premium) Compatibility

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by JoshKo, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoshKo

JoshKo Registered Member

Hello Everyone,

I'm just wondering how Nod32 fares with this OS. I'm asking due to the fact of using KIS (any version) and having freezing problems.

I'm having audit failures in the *event viewer* Vista 64bit.

\Device\HarddiskVolume1\PROGRA~2\KASPER~1\KASPER~1.0\x64\adialhk.dll

\Device\HarddiskVolume1\PROGRA~2\KASPER~1\KASPER~1.0\x64\r3hook.dll

When this does happen, my pc locks up. This is the only time I have any issues, and sure enough, the lock comes as soon as the audit fails every time.

After research it's because those files are not digitally signed. I've been battling this for a month now and just frustrated and tired of it, since the system may lock in 2 minutes or two hours. When I uninstall KIS, the problems vanish. It is stated on their site that it does indeed work in Vista 64 and other users with the same OS are having the same issues with the two files mentioned above.

Here's how I've come to that conclusion. http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?...e=Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing&phase=1

I'm not asking for any help, just giving some info for background reasons and the nature of my question.

Any thoughts on how Nod performs in Vista 64 is much appreciated.

Thank You,

Josh

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello Josh ! Welcome to the Wilders !

NOD32 is known to have no problems with Windows Vista , it was Vista compatible even before the Vista's official release . NOD32 is also x64 compatible (this includes x64 Windows Vista Home Premium edition)

If you wish to try yourself :

1) Make sure you have no other AV running and installed (Uninstall any from Control Panel > Add/Remove programs)

2) Download 30 day fully functional version of NOD32 from http://www.eset.eu/download/trial

3) Install , reboot and enjoy !

Tutorial of NOD32 can be found here , all kind of Frequently asked question you may ask here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.