Vista 64 and TI.11

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by D17S, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D17S

D17S Registered Member

I'm using True Image Home .11 (build 8053) with Vista 64. I have 4 gigs of memory installed in my Intel quad core system. I am using a 3 drive raid 0 with Intel's Matrix Storage. This is a 750GB raid, currently loaded to ~ 150GB. The system is stable and running fine.

I'm trying to image (create a .tib file) of my 100GB Docs folder.

The image creation process is loading ~ 3.8 gigs of ram and than freezing the Acronis program during the image creation process.

At this ram load level, the Acronis program freezes completely and CPU utilization goes to zero. The entire system becomes sluggish. Task manager does Not state Acronis is "Not responding" on the Applications tab but the program is frozen solid. Any click spot on the program just nets an unhappy "ding."

At this point, the only way Acronis can be shut down is via right click/ "End Task" in Task Manager's application tab or a process by process shutdown in TM''s Processes tab. When windows forceably shuts down Acronis, 3+GB of ram is immediately released. The system recovers to normal ops.

Any idea?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello D17S,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software

Could you please clarify the amount of files in this folders? If the amount of files is large then could you please try to split it and try to backup parts separately (less then 5000 files at once for example). Please provide us with the results.

Thank you.

--
    Michael Levchenko

3. D17S

D17S Registered Member

The full folder I want to backup contains 5 sub folders and 25000 files. I just successfully backed up a 4500 file folder and a 16000 file folder. "Hey", I thought, "This is working better today." I went for the whole thing (25000 files).

No memory overload this time (2 outa 4 gigs currently in use), but the program has frozen with an unhappy "ding" at any click point. ~ 20% done with 58 minutes remaining. Task Manager says its still running, but its been sittin' like this for half an hour. Right click on program in applications tab gets "Program is not Responding" popup. "End Task" shuts it down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.