VISTA 64 Activation

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by JASTECH, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JASTECH

JASTECH Registered Member

Sense I had installed ESS, VISTA 64 has needed activated 3 times. Anybody else with this problem? On the boards they say F-Secure is doing the same thing. Thanks, JAS

2. Parijat

Parijat Registered Member

Re: VISTA 64 Activasion

I had vista x64 and ess 3.0 rc installed for one week with no issues at one time. I am using 32 bit now though.
    Are you using OEM vista version? If yes then you have to activate it every time you change hardware.

3. JASTECH

I have VISTA Ultimate 64 bit and it is retail version. But each time it says major hardware change, and I have not changed anything except for adding ESS and CounterSpy. Thanks, JAS

4. crummock

crummock Registered Member

Been using ESS since beta1 through to RC1 on a Vista x64 machine with no issues at all (so far).

5. psychokilla

psychokilla Registered Member

Both programs install a driver, could this be why? Is windows thinking the driver installation means another piece of hardware has been added?

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Perhaps this is what is happening . I don't want to recall these things because this was one of the main reasons I ditched my previous AV (Panda) .

Really really hope this is not going to happen to me because it was the Panda because of which I had to re-active my Windows at least 10 times that day and Microsoft here got mad about me and were about to refuse to active my copy.

I hope ESET investigate further this issue . JASTECH , why don't you email them at support[at]eset.com , or PM Marcos

7. JASTECH

Ok, I will do that. Maybe just attach thread for Marcos. Thanks, JAS

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hey , something else that came to my mind ... Could it be CounterSpy that you install cause the problem ? Just guessing

Thanks for letting me know :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.