VirusInfo Test Results

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by vijayind, Sep 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Despite what any test say I use what I like and my computer likes.

2. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

The problem here is everyone seems to assume (Your not the only one to bring this up before) I'm Bias to Avira, when I am not. What is in my sig is my MAIN system that is used to connect to corporate networks or any client that I must sign into. This system has to deal in numbers so far in numbers Avira will protect it best for what it is doing. I have 5 other computers my wife's has Avira because she likes it. :D And the other 4 have different products on them. I'm not gloating in fact I like many of AV's out there, only a select few I do not. And those AV's I don't use.

If Avira showed a constant drop in detection. Or my self noticed a drop in detection. Then yes it would be switched out but as for now it does it's job and does it well.

3. ola nordmann

ola nordmann Registered Member

How exactly does "your world" work?

You mean your computer is threatened by totally different malware than the rest of the world?

Remember that the better tests out there use very large virus collections to get more statistically correct results. Of course this doesn't have to be the only deciding factor when choosing AV, but for most people they are not interested in conducting such tests themselves. Neither do they have the time or knowledge. Therefore we have these tests that can help with decision-making.

4. risl

risl Registered Member

My world is a nice place where sun is shining every day and I have lots of money. You know I didn't mean it that way. The fact is, my surfing habits/usage of computer + knowledge + experience + etc. = I don't face malware daily, weekly, monthly or yearly. I have the AV because it's "good to have", not to shield me daily from something. In my world, the computer is not constantly threatened with "something" and I'm not doing anything with my computer that I don't have full control of, or knowledge of what am I doing. This leads to me allowing myself some other requirements for an AV.

5. risl

risl Registered Member

Just wanted do know if you are one of those loyal customers that have trust on their favourite product even if it would go temporarily downhill. Like a rollercoaster ride :)

6. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

I can't afford to be loyal. I'm not going to take a chance on screwing up my computer or the computers I connect to, just so I can wait for them to fix their detections. To me this makes no sense. ;)

With that said tho, I like facts in my line of work you can afford nothing else. :doubt: Right now, Avira in numbers kills the competition. Until that changes they will be getting my money to keep improving it. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2008
  7. Arup

Arup Guest

I am not for loyalty, I am for consistent pattern, so far Avira has been brilliant. Even if it falls from its brilliance which I doubt looking at the tests so far , it would have to hit the pits for me to let it go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.