viruses only test?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by kairii, Sep 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kairii

kairii Registered Member

Im kinda annoyed at some of the tests thats talked about in this forum. The tested files ranging from spywares to viruses....and what i find more annoying is that they include Anti-Trojan (AT) sofwares as an AV. Of course AT gonna come out at the bottom because it only detects trojans. I hope the testers didnt expect AT to find viruses as well :). Anyway, if they include AT in the tests then why not also inlude some Ani-Spyware programs, like Ad-ware or Spybot, since the tested files also include spywares.

How about a viruses only test? No trojans, no spywares...nothing but just pure viruses? And the tested programs will all be ANTIVIRUS softwares, and no spywares or anti-trojans programs.

It would be interesting to see which AV comes out on top.

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

The problem is that there isn't any viruses... just loads of worms and worms and worms. Did i mentioned worms?

3. negative creep

negative creep Registered Member

How about a worms only test

4. TAP

TAP Registered Member

The world has changed, almost real-world threats (ITW malware - by definition of The WildList Organization International) are worms (network worm, mass-mailing worm). But you can see a few viruses (script virus, macro virus, file-infector virus) are still circulating in the wild.

http://www.wildlist.org/WildList/RTWL.htm

Last edited: Sep 12, 2004
  5. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

aren't the vb tests(vb100) based solely on in the wild viruses?
    Problem is the biggest threats ,as other posts have said, are worms and trojans so a pure AV is not going to "cut it" nowadays

6. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

That thing crawling across kairii's post -- yuck! I have my browser set for "No animations" so why am I getting this bit of scrolling nonsense?

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Turn off javascript.

8. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I block Java Script with my Firewall (Outpost -- it's set to "Prompt").

I discovered that the thing works with VB code -- a gimmick known as Marquee text. You can access it when you post -- bottom left hand corner, under "Posting Rules."

A child's toy, IMHO.

/s/ Grumpy old f**t *puppy*

Last edited: Sep 13, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.