VirusChaser on-access monitor-how to switch it off?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Windfresh, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Windfresh

Windfresh Registered Member

Please,give me a clue how to disable on-access scanner of Virus Chaser 5?It seems to be unfeasible .I run it simulteneously with KAV Personal Pro 5.020 and VBA32 beta.Still no conflicts,but the selection of functions of VirusChaser is poorer thah that of Dr.Web(in the menu,at least).Though VC detected backdoors KAV and VBA32 overlooked.
    Thank you in advance

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I have not run VC for awhile now but if there is no way to disable the RTM from within the program itself, you have a number of options; both of which will stop the RTM from loading

1. You generally have to use msconfig from the run dialogue box. Further information here.

2. Use a specific free startup manager such as Starter.

Not advisable to run two AV's in real-time, never mind three!!!!!!! No conflicts seen yet but what if you are infected? Then the fun will start.

3. .....

..... Registered Member

If i remember correctly.... when you update.... the VC monitor starts itself again. May be wrong though...

4. Windfresh

Windfresh Registered Member

Blackcat,
    Thank you very much for your response and explanation.You were completely right.I installed Protector Plus 2000 of Prolab with monitor in real time simultaneosly with VirusChaser 5 (I erroneously thought that I will be able to switch off monitor afterwards)-and it almost killed my computer.It rebooted constantly at the very start.Fortunately I succeded in uninstalling Protector Plus being in safe mode.I've been taught a good lesson.
    :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.