Virus X-terminator -- ever tried it?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bellgamin, Feb 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Here's another new kid on the Antivirus scene...
    Virus X-terminator.

Its website has a comparison table where it matches its attributes against those of PC-Cillin, McAfee & Norton. The site claims (or at least infers) that it uses the Norman sandbox.

NOTE: It's interesting that they provide a PDF download of a 6-page, VERY slick & professional Guide for reviewers of their product.

I don't know how good their AV is, but the site & online manual & PDF guide are topnotch.

Has anyone tried Virus X-terminator or run across a test report about it? I sure hope so. This one interests me a lot!

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

From the GUI screenshots shown this is definitely Norman AntiVirus.

Virus X-terminator is a cheaper version of NVC. But a number of other cheaper AV clones only allow you to receive malware base definitions and not program updates during the license period. Whether VXT is similar remains to be answered. But at least you can update the trial version of this AV.

Since Norman concentrates mainly on the Corporate field, maybe they have licensed Stompsoft to try and attract some Home users?

Overall, it all depends on how you view NVC as an effective Antivirus. IME with NVC, it should be stable enough and not too resource hungry.

3. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Thanks BC. A Norman AV clone for $40 plus 30% off on a Norman firewall clone plus free Pop-up killer seems a VERY good deal. I am happy with DrWeb for now, but this Norman clone is definitely one to keep in mind-- *just in case*.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.