VIRUS: W32.Ronoper.B@mm

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by KinkiKutie, May 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KinkiKutie

KinkiKutie Registered Member

Its been brought to my attention that this worm is possibly on my roommates computer, after reading the details on the symnatec website, Im beginning to agree.
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.ronoper.b@mm.html

Problem is its attacked the McAfee files on his computer and he doesnt have NAV for me to follow through with the instructions to try to clean the computer. I have NAV on my computer, is there a way for me to copy the files to disc to load on his computer, or someplace I cant get a free copy to download.

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi KinkiKutie,

Since you are not sure whether your friend has that exact virus or not, then there is the possibility that they may have something else entirely different.

I would suggest to your friend to do an on-line scan. You can point them to this link to choose one: Free Services

If they are still having trouble after the on-line scan, then they could follow the instructions here and post their hijackthis log over in the adware, spyware & hijack cleaning forum.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913

Because of the specific posting policy for the forum, they will have to become a Registered member to post their log.

Regards,

snap

3. KinkiKutie

Snapdragin,
    I ran Trend Micro Sysclean and it did find two of the worms on his computer called DADA.A which from what I understand is another name for the Ronoper.B.
    As of now Im uninstalling all of the McAfee on his computer, as it attacked 4 of those files. Then I will run Houscall, download another AV and see where things sit from there.
    But I will take that suggestion and have him become a member and post a hijackthis log here at Wilders.

Thanks much for your reply and infor snap.

4. KinkiKutie

Problems all taken care of.. it was a virus.

5. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Your roomate's pretty lucky to have such a good friend like you, KinkiKutie, to help them with their computer. Good work! :D

6. KinkiKutie

Snapdragin,
    Thank you..... and yes he is, now to bad he wouldnt pay my share of the rent..... hee hee!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.