Virus Updates getting stale...

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ZiGz, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZiGz

ZiGz Registered Member

I have created an Image and am deploying now but these machines will not be logged in and used until September. Will they have problems because the updates will be so far out of date by then?

You know like som AV software that has incremental updates that if you dont have version A already you cant get version B.

Am I making any sense?

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

From my deduction of the post, you are saying that you have deployed an image to computers that will only be used from September onwards.

When they start using the computers in September, make sure that they update to the latest virus definitions released at that time. The updates are incremental so file sizes should not be a problem.

3. alglove

alglove Registered Member

I think ZiGz is more concerned about whether the computers in September will update at all, as opposed to the file sizes of the updates. That is, will he have to go through 5 updates and reboots, just to get the computers up to date? Or will the updates even work at all without an uninstall/reinstall?

My personal experience has been that NOD32 updates rarely require a reboot. Even updates to program modules are usually made without a reboot. In fact, the last time I remember a reboot was when going from version 2.1 to 2.5. I have found that updates from old versions (several months old) to the current version go without a hitch. That should be pretty similar to your situation.

Granted, you may have a bit of downloading to do when you fire up those computers in September, but the updates should be pretty smooth, if past experience is anything to go by.

4. covaro

covaro Registered Member

Everything should go swimmingly for you, unless v3 comes out by then... but even then NOD v2 should still be supported for a good while after, so it wouldn't be an immediate problem. Haven't had a NOD32 update require a reboot since I installed it back in February.

-Cov

5. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

And of course the obvious. The license must not have expired.

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Either way, you will not have a issue, NOD32 will update upon first boot to the latest definitions.

Cheers :D

7. ZiGz

ZiGz Registered Member

Sorry for not replying earlier, vacation time :)

Thanks for the answers, my confidence is intact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.