Virus Signatures 3750?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Tetranitrocubane, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tetranitrocubane

Tetranitrocubane Registered Member

Hi everyone. This morning NOD32 didn't automatically update its virus signatures, as I'm used to seeing. My virus signatures are 3749, dated yesterday on 1/7/09. I tried a manual update through the control pannel, and was told by NOD that everything was up to date, and no update was required.

When I check the ThreatSense website, it tells me that 3750 is the latest version. Is there any way to get NOD to update itself, even though it thinks it's current, since obviously it isn't? Thanks!

2. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Update servers appear to be overloaded again and are silently failing to serve updates. Keep hitting update (I've had to do it upwards of a dozen times on some systems) and eventually you'll hit a mirror that isn't overloaded.

3. stratoc

stratoc Guest

same here, have had to manually update since 3749.

4. stratoc

stratoc Guest

the dangerous bit IMHO is security center and nod itself report all is up to date, this bug has been around as long as nod has, about time it was fixed really, if only to get you to hit manually update.

5. Tetranitrocubane

Tetranitrocubane Registered Member

This indeed did seem to be the issue. Things are resolved and working smoothly. Thanks for the info, everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.