Virus Scanner Initialization Failed

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by dagar7, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dagar7

dagar7 Registered Member

I updated from EAV 3.0.667 to 672 on 8/23/2008 and began experiencing the above failure reported by NOD32, while at the same time the Windows Security Center error message indicated that NOD32 reported it was out of date. System is XP Home with SP3, ASUS P5K MoBd with E6750 CPU, 2 GB Memory and Nvidia 9600GT video. After a couple of days of occasional same errors, I uninstalled build 672, manually deleted remaining files/folders mentioned in other Posts, cleaned Registry with JV16 PowerTools 2008 Registry Cleaner and then reinstalled build 667 only to find that I now had the same error occurring daily. On 8/26, I did a System Restore back to 8/22/2008 (before the update to 672), after which NOD32 showed build 667 and had the same errors on start up. I manually initiated a Manual Update 2 times and it finally updated to vs 3390. Did full system scan with NOD32 and House Call with no problems found. Same problem started again on 8/31 and I gave up, uninstalled NOD32 and installed AVIRA.
    Since I still have 1 3/4 years left on my NOD32 license, I will continue to monitor the Forum to see if ESET fixes this problem. Question: can I install version 2.7 using my license information for version 3?

2. GAN

GAN Registered Member

I don't know the reason for the update problems, but yes you can use the license information on both version 2.x and 3.x of nod32.

3. Anmari

Anmari Registered Member

For info of others who may have this problem:

I got this problem today on vista suddenly after rebooting.
    Some windows updates had run last night.

I tried reset winsock (found as a suggested solution elsewhere on web). Rebooted no diff.

I found there were still more windows to be run. Ran those, restarted, held breath. Initially Eset said same problem
    "Virus Scanner Initialization Failed", and then a few seconds later it changed to green and now all seems okay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.