virus problem

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by rob94, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rob94

rob94 Registered Member

Hi guys im new to wilders security forums, and i am a little computer savy. So if you can help i would appreciate it. i have a problem when i turn on my computer all my files and folders are half working. my virus protector is half working and i scaned for the problem and i came up with this c:\windows\system32\ie4uinit.exe if some one came help on how to take this off or what to do. thankso_O

2. thanatos_theos

thanatos_theos Registered Member

rob94, welcome to Wilders!

According to this website, ie4uinit.exe is not malware. What is your antivirus? It might be a false positive detection. To be sure, you scan ie4uinit.exe here. Do not post the results of the scan here.

Is your antivirus VirusProtectPro? It is a rogueware. I suggest you uninstall it. Start => Control Panel => Add or remove programs. Scan your PC with the ff:

Avira Antivir PE Classic
    SuperAntiSpyware Free
    Rogue Remover Free

thanatos

3. rob94

rob94 Registered Member

i have McAfee virus prtector, and it keeps telling me that im not protected. so i scan for updates and it tells me that im updated and stills says im not protected. I also have spyware doctor and ive scanned that and cleaned up spyware but still nothingo_O?

4. HURST

HURST Registered Member

Download superantispyware free, update definitions and scan. That might help.

5. thanatos_theos

thanatos_theos Registered Member

Are you using VirusScan 10? I think it is normal for the Mcafee Security Center to bug you with "not being protected" if the antivirus is the only one installed. Just to be sure your PC is clean, see this thread and consult an expert.

Mcafee SuperDat

thanatos

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  6. kurchatovium

kurchatovium Registered Member

I used to use Mcafee and it usually always had this Security Center thing that would always bug you that you were not 10 out of 10 protected unless you had installed all the programs on its list. All the software had to be up to date as well if a program was old it would give you lower marks in the Security Center.

7. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Hello rob Welcome! I am sure you will get the help needed.I would suggest maybe several on line scans like with eset-nod32 or kasperksy these are very good at detection of virus perhaps your security application may have missed a virus. I believe its always good to double check with another to be sure. you also may want to scan for spyware/adware best regards

8. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

How is McAfee doing now after a couple of days? Sounds like something is wrong there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.