virus in system file

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Jesso, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jesso

Jesso Registered Member

hey everyone,
    I'm new to this whole thing so I have no idea who I should be directing this at....but does anybody know how I would go about deleting a virus that has put itself in my system folder? it shows up on NOD32 scans as: C:\WINDOWS\system32\wvuussq.dll - a variant of WIN32/TrojanDownloader.ConHook trojan. but can't be deleted because it is a sytem file. Any direction as to how I get rid of it or who's the right person to ask would be great.
    Jess

2. gatorzone

gatorzone Registered Member

try to "safe mode" your windows...
    or you can try to find the current service that running which has relation with that file..if that so, please stop the service

then retry to scan and clean...

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello Jesso.

1) Make sure NOD32 is configured correctly using Blackspear's tutorial

2) Then , make sure your NOD32 is updated , the latest signature at the moment is 1.1696

3) As shown here , boot in Safe Mode and Start-Programs-ESET-NOD32 and perform full Scan&Clean

4) It is a good idea to also scan with Ad-Aware SE Personal

If this doesn't help , Paolo Monti from ESET Italy has made a special tool called Undll- the DLL removal utility
    You can download it and use it from here
    http://www.nod32.it/support/support.htm

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.