Virus help problems

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by aquasam, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aquasam

aquasam Registered Member

Hi all,
    I have the latest e smart security 5 (the Paid version) and i started up my normal laptop and it opened up with the CHKDSK application running which displayed things like
    Deleting corrupt file record segment 88
    Deleting orphan file record segment 127
    deleting index entry found .002 index $ I30 of file 5
    and others which i didn't write down

when the laptop boots it asks me for a windows password which it never normally does.. if you just press ok then it will go to my normal start up page but once there the start menu etc wont load or work
    No program will open or execute and when you open a program its says "this application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem"

I cant access the net from my normal computer so i need help by accessing from this computer to it via USB only
    My e smart was updated only a few hours earlier??
    Can anyone help me with thiso_O
    Thanks

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

your hd might have suffered some damage hence chkdsk attempting to fix it. By the sound of it in the repair process your profile got corrupt. Try system restore, use backup or try to repair or even reinstall OS (last resort)

3. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

Yeah, unfortunately, this looks more like hardware issues, hard drive specific, than malware. And, there is no way to fix such issues except by replacing the drive. Chkdsk might hide the symptoms for some time, but not fix the issue. At least back up your important stuff and be prepared that the drive might fail soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.