VIRUS found, what do I do

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by MHAB, Sep 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MHAB

MHAB Guest

Hello all,

Today while I was on my computer the red virus warning page came up. It said that I have a virus. Under virus name it says:
    (probably unknown STEALTH.POLY.CRYPT.TSR.DRIVER virus)

It cannot delete or quarantine it! Every time I try I get a error massage. What should I do, how do I get it off my computer?!!

Thank you for your help!

Mark

2. sig

sig Registered Member

What is being identified as a virus? It is an email, a download or a specific file already on your computer? If it's the latter, have you noted the path name for it? (i.e., do you have the address....where it resides in your computer?) What OS are you using? What scanner caught it, Amon? Need more info about what it is that you're getting alerted on, what caught it and where it is on your computer.

I know sometimes some things cannot be deleted because they are running and one has to shut them down first. But it would be good to know what file has been identified as malware before anything is done, just in case it's a false positive. I take it you're running NOD 32 and was this caught by Amon? If Amon caught it perhaps the on demand scanner can delete it.

But it would be helpful if you provided more information.

3. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

This is result of heuristis analysis. If would be usefull to provide more details ala filename etc...
    You should also fork the file to ESET for analysis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.