Virus found in TDS xDynamic folder

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by richardw2, Mar 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richardw2

richardw2 Guest

Installed TDS only within the last few days.

This morning I got a message from my Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect service that the Hacktool.Nuker virus had been automatically deleted from:

C:\TDS\xDynamic\TDS.Unpk\Haktek.exe

Question is what is the purpose of the xDynamic\TDS.Unpk folder in the TDS installation folder and is the Haktek.exe file a virus or not. If not, what is the purpose of this file and does it matter that Norton AV has deleted it?

Thanks in advance

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hello and welcome to the forum.
    That Unpak folder is where compressed archives are unpacked and scanned, in most cases deleted afterwards. If not you can delete the copies there manually.
    It means elsewhere on your system is the original of that nasty.
    If you scan with TDS make sure your other scanners are all closed including their resident protection to give TDS full access to all files.
    TDS doesn't need to be closed during scans with other scanners only don't have it scanning at the same time.
    I may expect TDS alarmed on that file after the scan with TDS?

3. richardw2

richardw2 Guest

Thanks for the prompt reply

I have now done a TDS full system scan (with Norton AV Auto-Protect disabled) and it showed the following alarm:

Trojan Client\EditServer found (in archive): HakTek 1.1 (Utility)
    File: haktek.exe

I have another question: What is the difference between the above alarm and the Positive Identification alarm when a Trojan is found, as shown in the TDS Help file? In other words, is the "Trojan Client\EditServer" shown in the above alarm an actual trojan or not?

Thanks

4. illukka

illukka Spyware Fighter

client/edit server is a tool used to create trojan servers to infect victims

and to connectto their pc's once they're infected to steal data etc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.