virus definition update port

Discussion in 'ESET Endpoint Products' started by leonhedding, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leonhedding

leonhedding Registered Member

I am in a situation where the client's ISP runs a proxy which corrupts any files larger than 1 MB. They can't switch ISP's because the country they are in does not have any others. They are able to download files from other ports like 443. For their office they run the ERA mirror, but to get the virus definitions for the server they are struggling to do this. They have to setup a VPN to an external country to get the updates currently.

They are wondering if ESET provides any update servers on a different port than port 80?

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

The following two KB articles might be of some help. The first will allow them to use a proxy and pick the port they wish to use. The second one allows them to set up an internal server for getting the updates, including changing the server ports.

Why am I not getting virus signature updates through my proxy?

Client workstations unable to update from ESET Remote Administrator Server's update mirror

If these don't address your specific issue, it might help to contact ESET Technical Support and one of our agents should be able to get this worked out for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.