virus def. update extremely slow download.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by utahusker, Jan 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utahusker

utahusker Registered Member

Hello,
    I just purchased nod32 today and the update is painfully slow. I then get an error msg stating "virus definition is not digitally signed" and I must click to continue. I am running transparent proxy on my Astaro box. I am on a cable connection and it is downloading at 0.44 kb/sec.
    TIA o_O

2. utahusker

I uninstalled and reinstalled with no positive solution to the slow update. Any answers?
    thanks

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Updates are downloaded at speed 700-800 kB/s here. The fact that you're getting an error that update files are not signed digitally correctly implies that they have been changed somewhere on their way, or you update NOD32 from a warez update server.

4. utahusker

I am updating from the servers that are preconfigured in NOD32. Like stated earlier I unistalled and redownloaded from the eset site and reinstalled with the password and username given to me via email post purchase. This may not have been a wise purchase.

5. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Hi utahusker:

Have you checked the setup for your Proxy server starting with post #32 here?

6. utahusker

I am running my proxy in transparent mode so it should not need any special settings. I also changed my proxy to traditional and added the correct setting to NOD32 and it was still very slow. I have never had this kind of problem before on any other software that needs updates. :(

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Did you have the "Trial Version" installed?

If so, have you removed it and the Eset Folder from C Drive> Program Files?

Cheers :D

8. utahusker

Hello Blackspear,
    No I didn't have the trial installed but I did exactly what you said and it still crawls. As I type this it is downloading a 19kb file. It doesn't even show a speed or time left. I wish I would have tried the trial first, I definately would not have purchased the program with updates that run this slow on a cable connection. I have contacted the customer service dept. about this issue and I'm still waiting for a resolution.
    Thanks

9. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

What was your previous antivirus program? Is it completely removed from your hard drive?

10. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

There is a conflict on your system, when it is found, your updates will be instant on cable ;) :D

Can you please try the following:

Download Winsock XP Fix and run this program.

OR

Proceed with the following to delete the corrupted registry keys, and then reinstall the TCP/IP protocol.

Step 1. Delete the corrupted registry keys

1. Click Start, and then click Run.

2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.

3. In Registry Editor, locate the following keys, right-click each key, and then click Delete:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2

4. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.

NOTE: Restart the computer after you delete the Winsock keys. Doing so causes the Windows XP operating system to create new shell entries for those two keys. If you do not restart the computer after you delete the Winsock keys, the next step does not work correctly.

Step 2. Install TCP/IP

1. Right-click the network connection, and then click Properties.

2. Click Install.

3. Click Protocol, and then click Add.

4. Click Have Disk.

5. Type C:\Windows\inf, and then click OK.

6. On the list of available protocols, click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and then click OK.

7. Restart the computer.

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

11. utahusker

I sent an attachment of my intrusion protection rules page from my Astaro box to tech support to see if there is something I can do there. I have had no probs with updating any other AV with these settings. Thanks Blackspear, I did what you instructed above to no avail. I still keep getting virus update not digitally signed.
    Thanks

12. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please send an exact description of the procedure on replicating the issue to support@nod32.com.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.