Virus Database

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Barney, Sep 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barney

Barney Registered Member

Does anybody know the size of the Nod32 Ver. 2.0 database? How many viruses, trojans, and worms does Nod32 protect us from - 20,000?, 30,000?, 40,000o_O?

I am very curious what the number is. Can anybody give me an answer.

Thanks.

Barney

2. Vigy

Vigy Registered Member

Hi Barney,

I think it's nearly same to all anti-virus products. Sooner or later (with small time delay), all of 'em will detect the concrete virus. So this number is something more than 60000 viruses for most successful anti-virus products (including NOD32).

But - there is something more. Heuristics. NOD32 has the strongest heuristics of 'em all. This increases the number of detectable viruses much.

regards

Vigy

3. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

Well the anwer is: Nobody knows. There is finite number of viruses which are detected using scanstrings. This number is pretty similar to the other antivirus programs and is in tens of thousands. What is problemlematic here is it nod's heuristic and advanced heuristic. Nobody can say how many viruses it could find. you may consider this number as infinite.
    Thus the number of viruses which NOD32 can cathc is infinite :cool: :cool: :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.