Virus Concerns

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by SpookyFodder, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpookyFodder

SpookyFodder Registered Member

Hi there. First off if this is not the right place for this post..... my bad. I was just hit by a virus that slipped through my antivirus. I am using the new Beta Nod32. After doing some research I found out it is a new variant of Poison Ivy (Poison Ivy 2.1.1). It was somewhat worrisome because once infected I borrowed Norton antivirus from my brother, and Kaspersky from a friend and tried literally every online scanner I could find to see if any would pick it up. They did not. I did some further research and found the website that has released it where they kindly give the removal instructions on their forums. Since I had already been compromised I played around with it a bit by using a hex editor just to see if I could learn anything about. Of the 2 files I could identify one unfortunately contained a number of my passwords and logon information including my windows logon info and password as well as my router password. Being much afraid by this point I zeroed my hardrive and reinstalled windows. My question is aside from submitting the files to Eset via Nod32 is there any way or one to alert about the website distributing this virus? Thanks in advance.

P.S. the two file I could find were named regmen and regmen.exe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.