Virtumundo

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Sjoeii, Apr 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

I tested the ESS suite on some malware sites. Unfortunately my experience is that ESS isn't detecting Vundo, Virtumundo and winfixer.

It couldn't detect them so it could be installed on my pc. After it was installed it even then didn't detect it.

maybe to work on at Eset?
    Could someone confirm if this is a ESS issue or if NOD32 doesnt detect this one either?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This is not a problem of ESS as such. An improvement to AH will be made shortly re. this issue.

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Certainly NOD detects Winfixer and variants but may be not all , as most AVs. Hope they make an improvement soon . This is just one example from a client's machine from yesterday , full of WinFixer

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2007
  4. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

I do recognize the screemshot.
    Problem is that it isn't really deleting the malware. Is this me, ESS or NOD32 engine?

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The problem is Virtumonde dlls are injected into already running processes. We offer a special tool that can help in such cases.

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi Marcos . Is the AH update today about the new Virtumonde variants or not . Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.