VirtualBox read-only error from P2V created image.

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by oracles, Dec 2, 2014.

1. oracles

oracles Registered Member

I just made a backup of a physical computer running Windows 7 using Paragon P2V. This computer has two drives, one 20GB SSD for booting and one 300GB hard drive for storage however Windows sees them both as a single drive. Paragon made ".vdi" images of both drives.

I created a virtual computer in VirtualBox using both ".vdi"s with the SSD as the boot drive. Trying to start the virtual machine gives the following error:

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine Windows 7.
    Failed to open image '/Volumes/My Passport/Virtual disk 1.vdi' for writing due to wrong permissions (VERR_VD_IMAGE_READ_ONLY).
    Failed to attach driver below us! Image is read-only. (VERR_VD_IMAGE_READ_ONLY).
    AHCI: Failed to attach drive to Port0 (VERR_VD_IMAGE_READ_ONLY).

Details:
    Result Code: NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)
    Component: Console
    Interface: IConsole {8ab7c520-2442-4b66-8d74-4ff1e195d2b6}

I'm not why I'm getting this error because I've successfully made virtual machine using the same process from another computer. Although, that computer was running Windows 8.1 and had only a single hard drive.

Suggestions?
    Thanks for your help!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.