Virtualbox and ubuntu 8.04 OR virtualbox and incognito live CD

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by wtfizzle, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wtfizzle

wtfizzle Registered Member

I am having some troubles with virtualbox and any help would be greatly appreciated. First of all I tried setting something up myself, I created a virtual machine using Ubuntu 8.04 and everything was going great, including internet access with NAT. But then when I set up Tor and configured firefox to go through that, I hit what appears to be a brick wall. Even with firefox and privoxy and tor perfectly configured, internet connections were not going through tor and kept on going through my regular internet. I tried to set up bridges (which I probably failed at) and this did not work either. After a few days I gave up, mostly because the new incognito live came out already anyways and all I was trying to do was emulate incognito live in virtualbox so I could make it persistent with out having to install it to a USB.

The new problem? Even after getting incognito live 2008 to work in virtualbox (not that hard, just need to edit xorg like they tell you to) I can not get Tor to work. It has a list of nodes and servers in tork, but when I click on any of them it tells me they are down. No internet is working either, it seems tor just will not work in virtualbox. Can anyone please help me with this? Thanks a million!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  2. truthseeker

truthseeker Former Poster

forget using Tor, why do you need to use Tor anyway? I use my PC 8+ hours a day and I am fine without using Tor. SO why do you need it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.