VirtualBox 4.0.0.69151 - Final

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by AvinashR, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

VirtualBox 4.0.0.69151

VirtualBox is a general-purpose full virtualizer for x86 hardware. Targeted at server, desktop and embedded use, it is now the only professional-quality virtualization solution that is also Open Source Software. VirtualBox is a powerful x86 virtualization product for enterprise as well as home use. Not only is VirtualBox an extremely feature rich, high performance product for enterprise customers, it is also the only professional solution that is freely available as Open Source Software under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL).

Presently, VirtualBox runs on Windows, Linux, Macintosh and OpenSolaris hosts and supports a large number of guest operating systems including but not limited to Windows (NT 4.0, 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7), DOS/Windows 3.x, Linux (2.4 and 2.6), Solaris and OpenSolaris, and OpenBSD. VirtualBox is being actively developed with frequent releases and has an ever growing list of features, supported guest operating systems and platforms it runs on.

Homepage:- http://www.virtualbox.org

Download:- --http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/4.0.0/VirtualBox-4.0.0-69151-Win.exe--

2. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Any idea if installing 4.0 upgrades/replaces 3.X?

Edit: Went ahead and answered my own question: Yes it replaces 3.X :) Remember to also install the extension pack. My XP VM started up no problem. Needed to update the guest additions of course.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  3. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

Thanks AvinashR for detailed info and update :) I am downloading my copy...

4. Serapis

Serapis Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up:thumb:

5. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Please note..

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/39296/virtualbox-4.0-rocks-extensions-and-a-simplified-gui/

6. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Still no drag and drop between host and guest? I haven't been using VirtualBox for quite sometime now, due to this and a few other glitches that I disliked.

Has it been added already, and I missed it o_O

-Edit-

I believe it was drag and drop that was missing from VirtualBox. I hope I'm not confusing this with something else. :D

7. Night_Raven

Night_Raven Registered Member

Yes, exactly drag and drop is the missing feature. And yes, it's still missing. On their forum they say that it may be implemented in version 4.1 since they already have the base capabilities for it in version 4. We'll wait and see but I'm not holding my breath.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.