VirtualBox 1.6 released

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Pedro, May 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

http://www.virtualbox.org/

Download page:
    Sun xVM VirtualBox 1.6

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,

I'll install it on Ubuntu soon, see how it goes. Running 1.5.0 and 1.5.4 on Ubuntu and 1.4 and 1.5.4 on Windows. They work quite well. Surprisingly, they offer a better 3D performance compared to VMware Server, even though on paper, it's supposed to be the other way around.

I would like a separate network driver like VMware ... instead of building them manually ...

Mrk

3. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

VirtualBox works ok on Fedora, however on Windows it sometimes has stability problems for me. Also thare are not such options like found in the VMare ACE additions. Therefore VMware is still the program I use. Keeping a close eye on VirtualBox though!

Please notice that I use VMware more then 10 hours on a daily basis at work, so my demands are somewhat different then for a typical home user :)

4. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Installed fine on XP. Booted up an existing hdd with ubuntu 8.04 on it with no problems. Also tried installing mandriva one 2008 which went flawlessly, i didn't have to touch anything, virtualbox even integrated the cursor automatically. So far i'm quite impressed, i had been having quite a few frustrations with past releases and i was almost about to purchase vmware workstation instead. This latest release might just work for me instead.

5. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

For me it's the best choice by far.

I understand others will find different issues and so on, but i can see we all agree that VB is becoming a fantastic VM.

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.