Virtual Partition is insolated?

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by lovemedo, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovemedo

lovemedo Registered Member

Hi.
    If hackers hacked my pc :mad: while
    iam on the Protection Mode Status – Green for OFF:

Can the hacker see my real computer partitions?:cautious:
    Or he will see only the virtual disc? :argh:

Does the virtual space insolates my other

paritions?

like the program (virtual pc)?

i think that the red mode is only for freez.Does it

strong as the program(deep greez)?

Thx a lot

2. lovemedo

lovemedo Registered Member

:eek: No answers yet? :D :mad: :D

3. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hello lovemedo and welcome to the forums :)

While we try to answer questions in the forums as quickly as possible, there is no guarantee that a reply would be given within 4 minutes of an initial post. Whether this is because someone else's question was being asnwered first or because the post was not seen immediately leads to the same reply: Please be patient and someone will be there to provide assistance...

Yes, Returnil does not encrypt your hard drive so a hacker who had intimate access to your system or was able to take control of it would be able to see what is on your real hard disk whether you had protection turned on or off.

No, RVS will not isolate your alternate partitions or drives and was not designed to do so other than through the access restriction provided in the File Protection feature. The thing to focus on here is that RVS's virtualization is about protecting your real system partition from unwanted/malicious changes while keeping as much usability as possible. VPC is designed to emulate an entire computer (hardware AND software) so is like comparing apples to oranges...

As far as System Partition protection is concerned, the effect is similar across the entire ISR space. Significant differences come into play in the way the features are implemented and underlying technology such as RVS's ability to enter a virtualized session without the need for a restart of your computer.

We encourage you to test both programs and then determine which is best for your environment.

HTH
    Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.