Virtual Drive after Incremental

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by m185945, Feb 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m185945

m185945 Registered Member

I'm a newbie to Acronis. Here's the history of what I have done. I created my first full backup and was able to explore the image and mount it as a virtual drive. All is good. One month later I performed my first monthly incremental backup. Ran fine. Next, I used Windows Explorer to examine the contents of my virtual drive. The contents did not reflect some file updates I had expected to be included as part of the incremental backup. Therefore, I dismounted the virtual drive then remounted it using the incremental backup image. I then repeated the same steps to view the contents using Windows Explorer and I confirmted the updates I expected were present. All is good.

Are these dismount/remount steps really necessary for every backup?

2. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

When you mount a TIB file, you are presented with a list of the dates at which point a backup has taken place. If you left the TIB from your original backup mounted while the incremental takes place (is this even allowed?), then no, it is not going to automatically updated the mounted drive with any updated files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.