Virtual Clone Drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Ahboo, Mar 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ahboo

Ahboo Registered Member

I used True Image to duplicate my C drive to a much larger SATA one. It worked well and I'm running on that drive. I removed the old C. I have an SD card reader on my system and after the cloning it is now called "Virtal Clone Drive". It still works but since I'm not a big believer in coincidence I'm wondering if this is Acronis related. I also now have Acronis Scheduler and Image Monitor running in my task list. I don't recall doing anything other than cloning my C drive. I never asked it to schedule anything. Any thoughts as to what's going on?

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello ahboo,

I can't offer any advice on your SD card reader anomaly.

As far as the TI scheduler services are concerned, be aware that TI treats all image creation activity as "scheduled" even if the "Create Image" process is started manually. There are in fact three services that TI installs during its initial installation, namely, schedul2.exe, schedhlp.exe and TrueImageMonitor.exe. Please read Acronis Support's reply in this previous thread titled <Background process??> if you're interested in the detail of what these do.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.