VIPRE lifetime subscription offer for $99.99

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by vijayind, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Hummmmmm.. The CEO...... or the ........... My friends girlfriend sisters bother 2nd boyfriends dog. Rumor

What one to believe soooooooooooooo Difficult. :cautious:

2. Fly

Fly Registered Member

They won't just abandon VIPRE or Counterspy without giving customers a refund.

However, regarding lifetime licences ... Nothing lasts forever. And the license tied to the computer ? o_O

3. Fly

Fly Registered Member

I believe you can subscribe (opt-in) to some newsletters. I'm not sure if there is a separate newsletter for VIPRE and Counterspy. Anyway, that's easy to opt-out.

About the Kerio firewall ... The latest release of Sunbelt which I TRIED was a resource hog.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  4. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

I really wonder how wilderssecurity allows such discussions about a company. For the rest I agree that the concept license for pc lifetime is strange.

Lifetime licenses are usually a way for companies to collect money in a short time period. The adoption of this method could mean a lot and nothing. So I think it's not mature discuss about rumors.

5. james246

james246 Registered Member

A lifetime subscription and is it worth it. ?
    The strength of their product is that from a resource usage perspective it is the best in the industry.
    However its signature updates are typically once or twice a day, this is below the industry average for a paid product, some of their competitors have switched to cloud updates or simply allow conventional updates far more frequently.
    The company (Sunbelt) has a strong marketing/advertising orientation, and their public announcements concentrate on its resource usage capability not on its virus detection ability. Indeed it appears to be deliberate corporate policy to avoid any form of comparative detection test alongside other products. The question of how good is Vipre at virus detection remains unproven, even worse the corporate strategy appears to deliberately hide the detection capability.
    Unless Sunbelt demonstrates its product can compete in detections alongside the best in the game, then people should avoid the 100 dollar "life time" purchase.
    But hell Vipre is so sweet on resource usage I hope Sunbelt can succeed with it.

6. TheIgster

TheIgster Registered Member

James,

While it is frustrating that Vipre has not appeared in these tests out there, I have contacted them about this and apparently it's not an easy matter to simply "be included" in these tests. They apparently are working on this, as far as they have told me anyway.

I have tested the heck out of Vipre with many virus/malware samples and it has performed as good as, if not better than what is out there on the market. I'm not an "official" tester by any means, but I have tested a lot of products against various malware out there over the last couple of years.

This is why I recommend Vipre to all of my clients, even though it still has not appeared in formal tests.

7. james246

james246 Registered Member

To TheIgster,
    If formal and neutral tests demonstrate Vipre to be in the Top Tier for detecting and stopping the bad stuff then it will be a world beating product. From system performance perspective it is already the best in the game.

8. TheIgster

TheIgster Registered Member

James,

Agreed.

9. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

This topic and this offer are 2 months old, Is this offer even valid anymore. if not we really should just close this topic. :rolleyes:

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.