Vipre - Buy one year get one year free until 11 Jul 2010

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Chubb, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

It doesnt work in plenty of other applications. People have already posted issues in this thread besides myself. Its not just me. There was a thread a few days ago about the firewall crashing someones PC with endless BSOD's.

Its not bothersome that they arent in comparatives. Its the fact that they have been giving users the run around for a long time now with no results. If you want to trust a company who has been lying to users for 6+ months then go ahead. In my eyes thats shady. I certainly wouldnt trust them with my PC if they cant even keep their word.

Their detections are so adequate:

http://pc-babble.blogspot.com/2010/05/sunbelt-vipre-av-detection-test.html

2. m0unds

m0unds Guest

and i'm sure that i could find similar results on the support forums of any other av/security suite. the people who have issues are nearly always more vocal than the people who use something without problems. the best way for people to figure out if this is the case is to try it themselves.

well, actually: http://pc-babble.blogspot.com/2010/05/sunbelt-vipre-detection-test-2.html "Out of the 836 samples, VIPRE missed 34 and the rest were cleaned. Thats a 95.6% detection rate. Stay tuned more to come."

personally, i don't put much stock in generic posts claiming x # of samples missed/detected without so much as pointing to whether they're using the factory/default configuration or anything else. i've seen enough other positive third party tests on youtube, posts on this forum, posts on other forums, blog posts, etc to feel comfortable using it.

3. egghead

egghead Registered Member

Vipre antivirus works well on my rigg. Only complaint I have is when it updates it seems to freeze other apllications running.

Vipre premium (with the firewall) does not work on my rigg. It freezes my system.

You got a point here :eek:

One cannot take seriously a website with the name "pc-babble". The owner is true to the name of its website: he just babbles.

8 lines of text. says he tested vipre against x number of samles and vipre did not score well. Impressive! Just another clown "tester" .

For me Vipre works well. I visit shady places of the internet to test my security software. From my experience Vipre works well and so does Prevx.

4. LoadCoil

LoadCoil Registered Member

I must weigh in with my results using Vipre Premium. I am running Vipre on a high end notebook with Win 7, a netbook with Win 7, and a seven year old notebook with XP Pro. All are running fine with no slow downs, or BSODs. I have Vipre running perfectly along with the paid version of Prevx (with Safeonline), and the new free IP 2.0.

I also support a small company running Vipre Enterprise with all services running on a server equipped with Sunbelt's console, which is excellent, and nine client machines. Vipre has had zero hiccups, and all machines have zero infections for over four months now. Last year, this same client was running a major AV player. In the year of the "major" player, I had to disinfect many trojans, and clean four rogues all from different machines. The cost of the "major" player was about twice for one year as compared to a three year cost of Vipre Enterprise. The major player was actually shutdown in at least two cases of the rogue infection. That certainly was hard to explain to the client as to why their AV failed when they spent a tidy sum for protection.

I have tried all the free AV solutions, and several of the paid AV programs. I am very pleased with Sunbelt products, and their support. I can certainly understand someone not liking a product when it does not match their needs or continually crashes their machines. If it does not appear to be a product you like or can use, then don't use it. Some of the posts about Vipre seem to go on and on with no useful information, other than it is a bad product. It is not a bad product in my case or many, many others. I suggest users should try the product, and if it does not work for them, move on to another.

Now, I would agree it would be nice to see results of the Sunbelt product in a comparitive test.

5. ALookingInView

ALookingInView Registered Member

6. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

@LoadCoil : I've seen your signature. I have tested the combination that you have there in the past: Vipre AV + Immunet + Prevx ( there was also OA ) and it was a no go. Vipre AV + OA play well at the moment on Win XP SP3...but adding Prevx and Immunet for a test it was a failure. Do you have this combination on win 7 or XP? Thanks.

7. m0unds

m0unds Guest

vipre plays better with prevx than it *used* to, but it's still not ideal. i'd been using immunet w/it with no issues on 4 boxes. prevx was a no-go though. (no-go on win7 x64 for me, i mean)

8. LoadCoil

LoadCoil Registered Member

On the high end notebook, I run Immunet Free 2.0, Prevx Paid, and Vipre Premium with the firewall on, and working. This is all on the Win 7 32 bit OS. The netbook is running Win 7 32 bit, and has Immunet Protect .26 beta, and Vipre Premium with the firewall running. The old notebook is running XP Pro, and has Immunet Protect .26 beta, and Vipre Premium with the firewall running. At the moment, I am not running Safeonline running in Prevx on the high end notebook, but have in the past with no issues.

Now, if only I can get the crashing Outlook 2007 working without crashing every other day, I would be a happy camper ;-)

9. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

Thank you guys ( m0unds & LoadCoil ).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.