Vipre AV updates

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by stapp, Sep 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Does anyone know offhand how long Vipre AV will go without an update before it insists on re-downloading the full database instead of just an incremental update?

2. jaodsvuda

jaodsvuda Registered Member

After a couple of days meddling with some game-mods I brought in a clean system snapshot made on September 22nd.Vipre downloaded all of 70-and-some update Mb´s.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  3. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

That is possibly the only thing that annoys me about Vipre. At one time if it couldn't update for any reason it automatically downloaded the full pack next update. They fixed that.

But it seems like even after 3 days or so of missed updates (a weekend break away for instance) you get the full package when you get home.

4. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Yes it seems quite unnecessary to download the whole Database again because the PC has been Off for a couple of days or even weeks.

5. qakbot

qakbot Registered Member

This seems easily fixable I would hope.

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

does seem a waste of bandwidth. I thought MSE downloading the full database 50mb once a month for a new engine was a waste of bandwidth.

7. jaodsvuda

jaodsvuda Registered Member

Emsi´s doing the same thing (both AntiMalware,and Emergency Kit)...A couple of days away,and there it is (at least 75 Mb to download),so Vipre is not the only one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.