Vipre AV and Windows Mail Newsgroup reader

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Richard Urban, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard Urban

Richard Urban Registered Member

I have been testing Vipre for a couple of days now. So far I have been "mostly" impressed.

I have found one problem I can not work around. I have about 25 newsgroups I have subscribed to from the Microsoft Communities. I access these using Windows Mail (under Vista). At least I did prior to Vipre.

Using Vipre I can not access any of the newsgroups

If I turn Vipre OFF the access is again fine.

Has anyone else come across this phenomonon?

2. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

3. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Registered Member

Have you reported this issue to Sunbelt? I would make sure you report it. They are very commited to supporting Vipre and very quick with support.

4. JasonL

JasonL Registered Member

Richard,

Our development team is currently working on correcting this issue. In the meantime the only work around we have been able to find is disabling the SBAMTray.exe. This will leave the main service running, so you're still protected. However, this will leave you unable to open the program from the task tray. As soon as you open VIPRE again through any other means, then the SBAMTray will start up again, so you'll be back where you started. Also, you can also just disable VIPRE when you need to view those newsgroups and that works too.

Again, this is just a work around and the issue should be corrected shortly.

Regards,
    Jason Layman
    Sunbelt Software
    Tier 2 Consumer Tech

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.