VIPRE 2014

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Page42, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

New version release v7.0.6.2 .

Not much info I could find, in the form of a changelog, other than this...

What's New with VIPRE 2014

2. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

Thanks Page42 for all the info, but may I ask a few questions about the software? That is if you'll be able to.

1. I heard a few stories about licensing problems, especially after reformatting the system. If I were to reformat my machine, would I lose a license if I were to forget to uninstall before hand?

2. How well does it perform resource wise (Memory, CPU spiking, process count, etc.)?

3. How is customer service?

4. Is the engine strong?

Maybe someone else from the forums can answer my questions, especially if you (Page42) can't help me with them.

If you can, That would be great

Thanks

3. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Thanks Page42 for all the info, but may I ask a few questions about the software? That is if you'll be able to.

1. I heard a few stories about licensing problems, especially after reformatting the system. If I were to reformat my machine, would I lose a license if I were to forget to uninstall before hand?

Sorry, don't know. You can set up a chat session with one of their support people.

2. How well does it perform resource wise (Memory, CPU spiking, process count, etc.)?

All I can give you is a seat-of-the-pants opinion and that is, very light. But, I have disabled 'Check files when they are opened or copied', which really speeds things up and has no effect on protection, per Wilder's member NickHSunbelt from the VIPRE forum.

3. How is customer service?

Nothing to write home about... with the exception of Nick, above. I have more than a few eye-rolling experiences with support that make me not want to continue with VIPRE when my license expires.

4. Is the engine strong?

Mediocre to strong, maybe closer to mediocre, but I run Sandboxie so I could have Al Franken AntiVirus on my machine and be okay. ;)

Maybe someone else from the forums can answer my questions, especially if you (Page42) can't help me with them.

If you can, That would be great

HTH

Thanks

4. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

Thanks Page, much appreciated :thumb:

5. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I used to like VIPRE before it changed hands. :(

6. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening! I Used to possess a Vipre license...and I Agree with xxJackxx...when Sunbelt sold-out to GFI...it was all downhill...it has since been sold to ThreatTrack...and the jury is still out. TyRidian , take the newest version for a test drive and let us know of your experience. Sincerely...Securon

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

It seems to have done reasonably well in recent testing that I've seen.

8. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

ThreatTrack is really just Sunbelt renamed and spun off from GFI. Last I knew it was an average-to-decent antimalware product. I'd suggest you to give it a try - it's not that bad IMO.

9. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

Wow! I remember when I first tried VIPRE, that was back in 2010. They were running a World Cup promo where you paid one year and they gave you another year for free. Man, I just loved it at that time. Then we all know what happened when Alex Ecleberry and Michael St. Neitzel left the team... it was downhill ever since.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.