Vipre 2013 6.0.5381

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Tarnak, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Re: Vipre 2013 6.1.5493

I got this upgrade today. I don't know if is a beta or general release, since nothing about it has been posted in the http://forums.gfi.com/

ScreenShot_Vipre_v6.0.1.5493_install_14.jpg

2. Jerry666

Jerry666 Registered Member

I'm running the newest beta as well . Seems good , scans are quick , system boots quickly , no problems so far . Only thing is the updates take a while if I'm on a slow connection . So far the switch from A___a is well worth it . Wanted a simple lightweight AV . Vipre has filled the bill . Just hope it never goes bloatonimo with a suite combo , or if it does have the option of a simple AV .

3. Gone ahead and bought this. Heard good things previousley about it, so thought i should go for it while its cheap.

I got a years worth of AV, but, given me protection till end of feb 2014 :)

4. showtime33

showtime33 Registered Member

I a running Vipre 6.0.5449...

I hope this is still in beta....because if not GFI is not smart (putting it very kindly)....they removed the ad blocking feature located under the firewall settings....also they used to have program blocking features that were removed as well...(also a great feature lost)...

this is only in internet security edition....if they don't put the add blocking back on it....I am dumping the program....as lots of others are now using the same websites to block bad sites...malwaredomainlist...etc..etc..

5. m0unds

m0unds Guest

they removed ad blocking because 1. it's a feature that is easily added to modern browsers (consequently, this is also where ad blocking is most useful), and 2. it caused performance issues.

6. acooldozen

acooldozen Registered Member

Please differentiate,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Vipre 2013 AV 6.0.5449 or Vipre 2013 Internet Security 6.0.5449o_O and from where did you download it??

7. showtime33

showtime33 Registered Member

I am not sure I just update vipre (not allowing beta updates)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/779518/vipre.PNG

the feature of ad blocking was exactly where I liked it....not in the browser...so that the next updates for ff or ie or chrome..etc...wont ask me or bug me about compatibility...or check for updates on ad plugins...etc..etc..

cheers everyone...

8. acooldozen

acooldozen Registered Member

The current version for (Vipre Internet Security 2013) is 6.0.5493. That is why I asked about the Product you have installed.

9. tomdy2k

tomdy2k Registered Member

All the reviews I've read don't exactly give Vipre top marks for overall protection!!:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.