Viir Protect

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Uzur9, Aug 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uzur9

Uzur9 Registered Member

Been checking this place out for awhile now. Thought Ide join so I can post with you guys. Besides that I just wanted to ask..

I use BitDefender Free - I like it alot. An I use AVG as a backup. But I was wondering if theres any others that might make a better backup? Or that are compat with one-another.

Im on my uncles comp and Ive installed Kerio as his FW since he didnt have one before. Hes running 98SE.

(Hmm... doesnt seem this came out right, meh one big mess but, you guys can understand it Im sure)

-Uzur9

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Depends upon whether you have any money to spend! Otherwise you are limited to 'free' software.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the free version of BitDefender only an on-demand scanner; there is no running Monitor.

Therefore are you running any real time monitor in your system tray?

Or are you running AVG as your real time monitor and PRIMARY scanner and BitDefender as your BACKUP scanner?

Other free alternatives would be Avast;

http://www.avast.com/i_idt_153.html

and E-Trust AV;

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=9672

3. Madsen DK

Madsen DK Registered Member

Blackcat your right. :)
    Bitdefender free have no real time monitor.

4. Uzur9

Uzur9 Registered Member

Hmm.... Ill keep BitDefender as my backup and Ill check out the links posted an see what I like.

Thnx guys.

-Uzur9

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.