"View workgroup computers" Error

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by stueycaster, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stueycaster

stueycaster Registered Member

Allright ESET! :D :thumb: I knew you guys would get it right. :D

2. Tomoja

Tomoja Registered Member

I tried the ESS 3.0.642.
    But this problem is not fixed.
    Probably I'v the different problem.

3. stueycaster

After you installed the new one did you wait a while before you tried the network? Network changes take time. When I first installed it didn't work. Then I rebooted then waited 15 minutes and it worked.

4. stueycaster

With this version ESS is now working perfectly in my computer. I applied the settings found in Blackspear's EAV tutorial to the antivirus. I did notice a very slight slowdown but that's ok because now my virus security is very tight. I didn't use the 2 settings that would really slow it down though. Since I started using ESET products 3 years ago I haven't had a single malware infection.

Thank you ESET. This program has become all that I expected from you. Good job. :thumb:

5. Palombaro

Palombaro Registered Member

Given the false dawns we have had re this fix forgive me for asking but is it still working ?

6. stueycaster

Yes. I have re-enabled the Computer Browser service on my (ESS) computer. Now we can start and restart my wife's laptop (EAV) without breaking the view workgroup link. Before when we would start her computer with mine already running the workgroup link would always fail.

I can't guarantee anything but it is working correctly for us.

7. Palombaro

Palombaro Registered Member

Thanks Stueycaster

I'll give it a go with ESS on two computers and see what happens

8. stueycaster

Today I'm going to buy my wife a new laptop and take over using her old one. First her old one will get ESS and if it still keeps working right her new one will get it too. I'm planning to get into the Remote Desktop thing since I'll have exclusive use of her old one.

Her new one will have Vista initially and if she likes it we will probably leave it that way. We'll find out about ESS on Vista. If she doesn't like it I have an unused XP Home license to install on it.

ESS will get a good test. People here will surely know the results.

9. stueycaster

I got my wife her new laptop. Hooking it up to the network went without a hitch. All 3 are showing up in the view workgroup link.

I set up the Remote Desktop on my computer with either of the other 2 computers accessing it. That went without a hitch too.

The new laptop came with McAfee installed so I uninstalled that and now the trial version of EAV is running on Vista home Premium. I haven't noticed any thing amiss there either.

I'm doing a scan while writing this post on the new laptop. I don't notice any lagging at all. That's way cool. this is our first dual core processor. It just finished the scan in 19 minutes. Of course there is hardly anything in this computer yet.

I'm really happy with the way things are going here. I'll let you know of any further developments.

10. Tomoja

Tomoja Registered Member

I tried restart OS.But it is not improvement occurs.

I was seeing list of "workgroup" after a few tries.
    But I need wait much times.(2,3 minute).

I tried another router.
    Then worked without problem.(2,3 sec)
    Probably it will be compatibility issues.

Thanks a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.