Video Surveillance

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by davidlynch, Sep 10, 2014.

1. davidlynch

davidlynch Registered Member

I'm looking for a video surveillance application which records video and audio from IP cameras of different brands. This application should have the feature of record only when motion is detected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

BlueIris is probably the best for this. It offers very specific and detailed recording options including masking, contract, size, color differential, and motion. Combinations of those. The best part is, Blueiris is very cheap, but you will need to run a Blueiris server in your home for full functionality. Depending on the cameras you can accomplish this with a cheap reburbished dual core system. I would recommend running ProcessLasso on the system, and BlueRidge Appguard in lockdown as your only things installed other than Blue Iris. Blue Iris also has applications for iPhone/Android which are very good, and will interface fully with your home camera system.

Blue Iris isn't brand specific, and will utilize any camera brand/style. In fact I have 2-3 different brand cameras on my home system. I also recommend mirroring your BI storage folder on the server into the cloud as well. 5GB is sufficient for months of storage of recorded events.

http://blueirissoftware.com

3. davidlynch

davidlynch Registered Member

Blue Iris recorded video with audio as expected.

Thank you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.