Video joiner software recommendation

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ssj100, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ssj100

ssj100 Guest

What Video joiner software does everyone use here?

I'm looking for a free, reliable video joiner program to put together part .avi, .mp4 etc files together into one large file. I've tried a few before, but not all of them are totally reliable.

Thanks for any recommendations.

2. Seer

Seer Registered Member

For a reliable video editing u should take a look at VirtualDub ('course it's free) aka The Standard. Has a slightly steeper lerning curve but it pays off eventually. With a right set of codecs (I use K-L mega i.e.) it will do almost anything. I have tried many 'user-friendlier' (and pay-for) alternatives in the past and trust me, VirtualDub is the real thing.

Cheers,

3. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i've used mencoder on linux, it's used with mplayer. there's a windows binary and frontend that uses .NET here -
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/mewig/

i've no idea if it works on windows!

5. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

You all are doing it the hard way. To join AVI (avi/xvid) theres only one program that does a good job and is fairly easy to use.
    Avidemux it's free program and can even cutout scenes/crop etc.

If you have 2 files avi1 and avi2 and you want to join them, start avidemux.
    1. open first file
    2. append second file
    3. now you have both files on the preview screen, use the slider control to move to the area where both files join. Sometimes you need to cutout a small section so that you have a good joint in that area.
    4. Keep the audio and video boxes on "copy" and the format on AVI. This way avidemux will only join both files without reencoding takes about 3 minutes. The fixnish quality will be similar to the original.

I've done this many times and this is the only program that works without giving me artifacts on the finish video.

More video/audio info can be found here.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.