video cards

Discussion in 'hardware' started by pan15, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweX

SweX Registered Member

And that's exactly why they are now named NoteBooks:D

2. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Hahaahha, nice one there.
    Took me a few secs to get it :D

3. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Actually it was Bill_Bright (here at Wilders) who first told me about the Laptop/NoteBook naming issue the first time I myself said Laptop.

But I really think he is right about that they from now on really should be called NoteBook's even if one want's to have them on your Lap:)

4. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

Yeah, I try to make sure I say notebook all the time instead of laptop. Sadly, many marketers and advertising types in the industry consider heat management only as an afterthought, if at all, so you will still see "laptop" used. Notebooks should never be operated on a lap, carpet, bed or anything else that does not allow air to get underneath. I went and bought a plain ol' cheap, legal size clipboard, cut 1/2 inch off the clip end (which included the clip) and I use that between my notebook and lap. It is sturdy, but thin enough to slip in my notebook carrying case along with my notebook. As a bonus, it acts like a protective hard cover when in my carrying case too. I keep my notebook's vents and cavities clean of heat trapping dust, and I don't game with it, so it remains pretty cool - just as if it were sitting on a table top.

If I gamed, or had heat issues, I would use a Notebook Cooling Pad w/ext. power supply. But fortunately, I don't have heat issues so I don't have to lug one of those around too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.