video captured wrong way up

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by lodore, Jun 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hello,
    my friend has captured some video up the wrong way and now wants to with the help of some software to put it up the right way?
    can anyone reccomend some software that can do it.
    thanks in advance
    lodore

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I had the same problem. There are a lot of "freebies" out there, but none that I found a clean operation. My camera takes MOV files. I wanted something I could import MOV files , touch them up, rotate etc, and output wmv files.

I fount TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress here

It is $99US. only drawback. Once I installed Apples Quicktime, TMPGEnc could read the mov's, I could edit them, and output wmv's. Works well.

Pete

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hi peter,
    will the free trial be able to rotate the video?
    my friend only has one video he wants to rotate and doesnt really wanna pay for something just for one video.

4. Peter2150

I honestly don't remember. Heck if it's just one, send it to me and I will rotate it for you. Send me PM

5. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

I don't have XPress but I do own DVD Author. Anyway, it appears as if the only limitation on the XPress trial (versus full) that might be problematic in this instance would be the output file is limited to 30 minutes. If the video is 30 minutes or less, the trial should be fine for the stated purpose.

6. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

Hi Lodore,

In VirtualDub there are 2 rotate filters. It works great, and it's free. ;) :)

Panagiotis

7. Peter2150

HI Panagiotis

I tried that, and never was able to get it off the ground. I guess once you figure it out it's easy. I just never got there.

Pete

8. pandlouk

Hi Pete,

it is pretty easy to do it.
    Instead of explaining I think it's better to see it in action. Someone has uploaded a video on youtube and it saved me time form doing it myself. :p

Take a look here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVZ4FiHKArE
    (it will not work if you choose "direct stream copy". Just select the compression/codec you want to use and use "full processing mode". Then select save as Avi and the job is done.)

ps. For mov files you can use quicktime pro. http://www.tuaw.com/photos/rotating-a-video-with-qt-pro/

Panagiotis

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  9. lodore

lodore Registered Member

thanks pandlouk:thumb:
    youtube video helped.

10. Peter2150

Yes that does help. I bought the other program, and I do like some of it's features, so no regrets. But thanks for the help, cause I am sure it will make it easier for others.

Pete

11. pandlouk

You 're welcome. :)

Hehe, no you have 2 alternatives. If one does not work you can try the other. ;)

Panagiotis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.