Vidalia TOR + torbutton - Firefox does not load page.

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by TheGhost, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGhost

TheGhost Registered Member

After checking xerobank's browser settings i couldn't find any option to manually select my desired exit nodes.

I've installed Vidalia TOR + TORbutton for firefox but i can't get it to work.
    TOR connects to the TOR network, the torbutton is enabled, but i keep getting the following screen;

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/6061/fuuuuuuuuuu.gif

What can the problem be? I'm not the most technical person so i hope to get some help from you experts.

Thanks.

2. tsec

tsec Registered Member

That's a bizarre error and just looking at it I am perplexed how it fits in with a TOR-related error - the wording 'or you could add an exception' is normally seen as part of another message which pops up when one attempts to load a page which has an invalid certificate.

The (partially displayed??) error depicted in your attached pic is very very odd.

I take it you followed whatever instructions you had for installing Vidalia etc?

If I saw this (ie what is in your pic) I would be inclined to blat the lot, reboot, and re-install.

3. TheGhost

I've re-installed it twice, disabled HIPS, antivirus and my firewall but i keep getting to see that strange error.

Xerobrowser also uses the TOR network and that works just fine.

I'm going to try it one more time. Now i'm going to disable HIPS, firewall and antivirus, uninstall vidalia, reboot, install vidalia again and see what will happen.

4. TheGhost

I've reinstalled the program and everything works now. Maybe HIPS interfered with the previous installation, a corrupt result?

5. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I don't use Tor button it leaks, I use switch proxy for my Firefox 3.5.3 .

6. tsec

tsec Registered Member

Or FoxyProxy

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.