Very worried about this

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by volvic, Feb 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rimbaud

Rimbaud Registered Member

I don't have a problem with people making up their own minds. I just wonder why so many people assume that any test is beyond criticism.

2. CogitoTesting

CogitoTesting Registered Member

You heard from AMTSO members but you cannot share any names, how convenient. In other words you cannot prove anything. Unless you provide concrete proof , not just hearsay, I would still believe that the NSSLABS' test is AMTSO compliant. Moreoever, Rick Moy is not only a member of the AMTSO but a member of its review board. Do you know the implication that can derive from being a member of the AMTSO analysis review board?

Anyway I have found the following link at the av-comparatives' forum:

http://www.av-comparatives.org/forum/index.php?page=Thread&postID=3421

After a careful analysis of its content one should or must agree that a test does not need, at least for now, the AMTSO nod nor its certification in order for it to be AMTSO compliant.

Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  3. bradtech

bradtech Registered Member

Out of all the variants missed by ESET I have uploaded.. The only consistent vendors that catch it are ones that are now taking advantage of real time cloud based reputation detection mechanisms. Symantec Insight, Mcafee Artemis, and PrevX catch a lot of things I have seen get passed ESET. Trend Micro does not fall into the category.. Microsoft, Symantec, Mcafee, and Kaspersky have good detection rates. Kaspersky, and NOD32 are pretty even.. On zero days I'd give the edge to Artemis,and Insight. Then again, ESET does a great job with traditional signature detection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.