Very slow scanning

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by marsupialus, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marsupialus

marsupialus Registered Member

I am experiencing extremely slow on-demand scanning after installing NOD32 AV v4 over v3 (and opting for new advanced settings during setup.) I installed 2 days ago, and the last two automated daily scans have hung on 20% completion - log files showed about 60 % files scanned. I stopped the scans at about 9am - the auto scan starts at 4am. To be fair, v3 would hang about once a month or so. My system is fairly fast and has the latest MS updates, (which isn't saying much :rolleyes:) so I need some advice.
    Thanks,

Marsupialus

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Try playing with settings like archives, self-extracting archives and advanced heuristics to find out which one causes scans to take long.

3. marsupialus

marsupialus Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I adjusted the profile settings to "In-depth scan" and then "Scan Targets" to "Local Drives" and unchecked "Scan all files." That did the trick - super fast scan of only folders that would contain executable files.
    Previous scans were of 768,738 files; now its about 115,000 files. Thanks for the suggestions. :thumb:

supi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.