Very slow image validation with TI9 (3633)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bxf, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bxf

bxf Registered Member

Looks to me like something's not quite right somewhere.

We've just tried out TI9 (3633) and noticed that the image validation process was very, very slow. Interestingly, the problem is almost the reverse of what one
    would expect. Here are some comparisons, with an image of approximately 3.25GB, residing on a DVD+RW disk, via an external USB2 drive:

Validating a TI8 image from a TI8 boot CD: 7 minutes approx.
    .................TI8...................TI9 boot CD: 8
    .................TI9...................TI9 boot CD: 9
    .................TI8 image using TI9 under Windows: 14 minutes
    .................TI9..................TI9 under Windows: 40 !!!
    .................TI9 image on an HDD using TI9 under Windows: <3 minutes

I'm not providing precise times because we did not, in these comparisons, let the validations run to completion. However, from previous runs, I can say that the pace of each test corresponds to the initial time estimate indicated by TI when the process is initiated.

Another thing: TI9 takes ages to load when rebooting.

Anybody know what's wrong?

Thanks,

Bill

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Bill,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please download and install the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available in the Product Updates section of our web-site and see how the program works.

Could you please clarify what method of DVD-writing you used to create the image on DVD with Acronis True Image 9.0?

Please describe the issue in more detail. What exact problem do you have?

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. bxf

bxf Registered Member

Thanks for the reply, Tatyana.

I will try the latest build when I'm able to download it at night (I have bandwidth restrictions during the day).

As to the slow loading, I realize I'm not being very specific. It just seems to take a long time for TI to actually get going when it reboots in order to restore the C drive, for example, or for that matter, when booting from a rescue disk. We haven't actually timed it, but I think I can say that it takes much longer for TI to start than it takes to load Windows.

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I would say that it does (seem to) take longer than to start XP. Your watch is your friend, measure the actual time and post it here for comparison with other systems.

5. bxf

bxf Registered Member

Well, I'm afraid there is no change with 3677 - validation of an image residing on a DVD+RW takes much too long - much longer than it takes to create the image in the first place. Interestinlgy (I think), the inital time estimate provided by TI is 52 minutes when I use my external DVD drive, and it is 1 hr 39 minutes when I use my internal drive. The latter is a slower drive. I am guessing that TI analyzes the drive before performing the operation, but it must be looking at the wrong field in the firmware and comes up with an incorrect speed capability for the drive.

Update:

My last sentence can't be right, because it wouldn't explain the large discrepancy in the time it takes to validate a TI9 image vs a TI8 image.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2006
  6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bxf,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post?

Please provide us with the information about the vendor and the exact model of your DVD drive.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to fix it.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.