Very sad indeed sandboxie 3.48 cracked

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by the_sly_dog, Aug 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Gotcha...and why is there a Beta 3.49 out so quickly?

2. the_sly_dog

the_sly_dog Registered Member

Maybe Mr Tzuk has figured a way to stop this method being bypassed maybe ??

3. the_sly_dog

Never really been there to be honest, Only contacted Mr Tzuk once.. Because i was half drunk and i deleted my email folder Containing my license Details.. Support was very fast less than about 8hours.

I use sandboxie all the time i love it...

4. wearetheborg

wearetheborg Registered Member

You can certainly try it; but if it screws up the system then yeah, you need some other way of reverting back the system. SRP is meant to be a line of defense against software unknowingly making changes to the system.

5. Sully

Sully Registered Member

This thread is a prime example of why I no longer have an 'arsenal' of security. Give me a few basic tools to use, a good image to restore to, and let me be about my business, whether that business is using my computer or giving it a labotomy.

The simple reality is that you will never be secure tommorrow. If that is true then I will simply restore to yesterday.

Sul.

6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

This is so true. You only need 2 layers. Protection and back up. That combination will catch everything.:D

7. dantz

dantz Registered Member

I totally agree that image backups are crucial. However, I would add data encryption as the third layer of defense.

8. tzuk

tzuk Developer

Just dropped by to say I've had a chance to look at this "crack". And I use the word crack very loosely. It seems to me that all this joke does is cause Sandboxie Control to display that the license is activated. The extended features don't actually work.

LowWaterMark, I've read your comment #22, and I agree there is nothing wrong with discussing the general, principle issue of cracks to software. And I don't even mind if Sandboxie has been (in this case, perhaps unjustifiably) used as the starting point for the discussion. But if the crack doesn't actually work, would you consider editing the first post to acknowledge this?

9. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

The 3.49.01 Beta came out to fix problem that some users are having after
    August Windows updates came out.

Bo

10. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

My post was simply in regards to the question of whether this was a legitimate topic for discussion, not whether the crack actually works. Several posters have replied that it didn't work for them. However, the thread starter seems to think it did work, at least on his 32-bit version of Windows. If the crack doesn't actually work, then that's great and it makes this a non-issue.

Only if the thread starter confirms that it really doesn't work for him after all. It's his post.

11. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Actually he posted screenshots showing the extended features (at least using two sandboxes at a time) did in fact work..unless he's pulling our leg with a legitimate copy, which is entirely possible.

12. developers

developers Registered Member

There is a trial period (30 days)

13. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Brilliant :thumb: :argh: I can picture this

Suppose your concerned about security, how dumb must you be to try a crack of a security product, when a fair part of malware consists of fake AV's or Fake security products.

Well just for sake of argument, imagine I try a cracked version and know the risk, my adreline level must reach the heights of a sky-diver, before bail out, when launching this crack as ADMIN. First things you would want to know whether you are pawned, so you run your copy of Hitman Pro and MBAM, like all other youtube 'testing experts' do

Pfew, utter relief, I am not busted, so my body pumps up more endorfines in 30 secs in my body than last New York Marathon champion managed in two hours.

Hyped up due to all these positive stimuli, I open Sandboxie and see it is fully lisenced, I start to breath faster, this shallow breathing causes Carbon Dioxide level to increase in my blood and a strange light arousements adds to the mix of emotions I am allready having, when the CO2 hits my brain.

I shout out loud: Yes, it works. Yes Yes. Yes making frantic arm lurches. This self imposed Neuro Lungistic Programming of giving my self a huge reward causes dopamines to hit my cerebellum like arrows from a roman army of archers when launching a field battle. As a result my mouth start to foam like a rothweiler with rabies and my eyes pop-out making Marty Fieldman look as cute as the rabbit featuring in the Bright Eyes.

I can't think straight, I can't look straight, I can't sit straight behind my PC anymore. I have just received a touch of Tzuk for free, I am taking of from the sandbox, rocketing in to the cloud, not realising it is a fake crack with only 30 days trial left.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  14. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

.....You gonna be okay there, Kees? Lol, what was all that about? Btw, is the trial thing new? I never saw that when I first got Sandboxie long ago.

15. the_sly_dog

I Can prove it wasn`t no trial trick... I have recorded me installing it and showing all 3 sandboxie browsers open at the same time and the screen showing registered !!!

Do i break any rules or laws by posting it ??

1st: I do not use cracked clap trap ( never have)
    2nd: i Believe in paying for stuff i`m no free-loader or ( pirate), I Have a Full time job I`m a Fireman just finished my training course..
    3rd: I love sandboxie i have used it for a long time and have a lifetime license...
    4th: only reason i got this file was i was shocked that i see it. nOTHING ELSE.. no hidden motives or to stir trouble or tarnish sandboxie or anyone else!!
    5th: Like i said i tried it and it worked

16. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

No Sly,

I was just kidding.

Cheers

17. the_sly_dog

I know you was fella :thumb::thumb:

So i can post the vid with out getting my bottom in hot water ??

18. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Provided you edit out the location where the crack was found, I'd see no issue. I assume this crack was tested by Tzuk and shown not to work, and not just a damage control move (like one is actually needed, even he knows he can't keep piracy away permanently). No, I'm not trying to start something by saying that, it's simply that there WAS a screenshot showing two sandboxes running (by the way, what happened to that screenshot?), so, unless it's a deliberate photo edit, the crack works.

19. culla

culla Registered Member

it has been cracked and working

is there any program that hasn't been cracked ?

none that i know of ;)

20. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I thought so.

21. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

"the_sly_dog" edited and deleted several of his posts in this thread because he didn't actually want to hurt SandboxIE. (I have all the original posts and images.) He was just trying to point out how bad the cracker situation has become, and how quickly they attacked the newest version of SBIE - a matter of a couple days only. o_O

He sent me the video link to review. It does show a working SandboxIE config that was not a 30-day trial. (I like the desktop background, by the way.)

Anyway, I think this thread has gone on long enough. "All software" gets cracked. None of us like it. Certainly the developers don't, or the people who honestly pay for their software. It's a sad thing that I guess we have to live with. Though, I would love for someone to come up with something that allows us to fight against this. It's awful that people spend so much effort to steal someone else's work. Heck, if they'd develop something instead with all that effort and expertise, I'd bet it could be something great. (But, they're probably afraid some cracker would come along and steal it from them without paying. :rolleyes: )

"What a world!!" :doubt:

Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.