Very quick response from DrWeb!!!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by jlo, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

You know of which you speak as positive,how?

2. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

You are ignoring the facts. You simple dont want to know a truth which doesnt bellong to you :doubt:

3. risl

risl Registered Member

I consider it as a positive thing to know that they concentrate all the efforts on something that is more important, which would result in good protection. But unfortunately, bad test results if you like diagrams, percentages and numbers.

4. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

How do you arrive at that post?

5. thehudd

thehudd Registered Member

A short question, and if off topic, asked with apologies, but is DrWeb going to release a version that will function on 64 bit systems? I would like to return to DrWeb but am currently unable to do so. Thought with so many responses coming from those with knowledge of the company I'd ask.

6. Nightwalker

Because You simple dont accept facts and arguments like you are doing now. I dont want to make a fight , but man you need to be more open minded.

7. Nightwalker

I think a 64 bits new beta is gonna to be released soon , You may ask to C.S.J he knows more details.

8. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

My point is you have shown no fact's.Just what you belive to be as such,correct?

9. risl

risl Registered Member

Sergey Komarov from Dr.Web R&D said that at their support forum that there will be a 64bit version soon.

10. Nightwalker

What You want me to do? If you really want i can download malware samples from VX sites and prove to you that Dr web only adds definitions to malware that can execute and run at all.

And these facts i know from Dr web staffs not what i simple think it is correct, if you dont believe me , you are free to ask in their forum.

11. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

As I stated before,I have no dog in this fight.I do not nor will not use any product posted about in this thread so it matter's not to me what people take as the truth.

12. SergM

SergM Registered Member

O, yes. It's well. Go, go... :D

13. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

Lol,best post of the thread!

14. format_c

format_c Registered Member

you should read "junk" instead of "dust" here, even "garbage" or "trash" :)

15. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

As you are not SerM and did not post the statement in question I will refrain from further responce on that subject.I will say that I hope you will continue to post in this forum about your product and what it can do.It is good to speak to someone in the know and not just fanboy's of a product.p.s. Be ready to backup with facts what post you may make about your product.Thank you for your time spent here at this forum.

16. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

lol, im pretty sure he doesn't even have to do that. ;)

plus anyway, he develops the enterprise product and the drweb users of this forum are purely AV-only or Security Space.

but of course, staff are always welcome :p

17. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

As stated before,it is good to speak to someone with real knowledge of a product,but not so much with just a fanboy.I do hope you will return to this forum format c.

18. Nightwalker

Are you saying i am a fanboy? I dont use Dr web in first place , and i wont reply this thread anymore. You have a real superior knowledge and critic sense :argh: , Anyone who read this thread will see my arguments and facts and understand why this thread has come to this. If you cant accept opinions and arguments from another people ... serious man you are in the wrong place , perhabs in the internet people create a courage to show their true personality making jokes from someone. Perhabs what i know? I am just a teenager ;) .

Because someone doesnt have a gold nick it doesnt necessary indicated that he/she/*puppy* is a dumby and doesnt have real knowledge.

As stated by you here , you are in this thread just to have some fun , great man , people like you unfortunately exist in every place. No more , thats it.

19. format_c

/me shrugs.
    welcome to the hell, bro

20. wildvirus88

wildvirus88 Registered Member

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/6910/diskdrivedrwebou6.jpg

It's the detection (today!) from a sample sent on september 24 to Dr. Web (ID of [drweb.com #608495]). I sent it again later but I have no ticket number. I never received a reply about the tickets. Only automated reply with ticket number.

I can't show VirusTotal results but from 38 engines only Dr.Web, etrust and Fortinet don't detect the sample that I sent 4 months ago.

I commented about it here:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=220881&page=4&highlight=drweb

No quick response, no detection...

21. format_c

what did you expect? you don't send the sample.

22. wildvirus88

Why you say that?

I sent the sample 2 times to Dr. Web.

Today, after the previous post, I received two e-mails from Vladimir Martyanov:

1. "Please, send me suspicious files."

2. "Dear Tiago,

Your request has been analyzed. It was not a virus.

Thank you for the cooperation."
    ---
    I repeat that I sent the file 2 times. If Dr. Web doesn't detect it as virus I should supose that all 36 companies detected a false positive?
    I don't think so.

Well... I sent one more time now... Maybe with 3 times you can detect it as virus and add signature.

Best regards.

23. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

The file has been analyzed.

It is not a virus, they will not keep checking it for you once they have already done it.

24. wildvirus88

Wow! Ok!

I'll send an e-mail to Avira, Kaspersky, F-Secure, BitDefender, Avast, Grisoft, ClamAV, eSafe, F-Prot, GDATA, Ikarus, McAfee, Microsoft, Trendmicro, Panda, Sophos, PCTools, Sunbelt, Symantec, VBA32, K7, ESET, Rising, Norman, TheHacker, Ahnlab, ViRobot and VBA32 about the "false positive".

Or maybe I'll wait for a new reply from Dr.Web saying that the file is infected.

\o/

No. I won't.

25. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

so, you submit a file for analysis, yet you dont want it to be analyzed?

you simply submit the file to be automatically added, Drweb do not operate their business this way.

o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.