Very poor rating in latest PC Pro test

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by guitareth, Aug 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guitareth

guitareth Registered Member

I recently purchased a two year, 2 PC, licence for NOD32 to replace AVG Free which I had been using (with no problems) for past two years. I was happy with AVG but decided I wanted the piece of mind of my PCs being protected by the best product out there. I searched the web and looked at several independent reviews and concluded NOD32 was my best bet.

I'm therefore very concerned to today read the July 07 review/comparison of products at PC Pro where NOD32 comes 2nd bottom equal out of 13 products tested. If you click on the product name in the list you can read their full review.

I know all such reviews will vary and may suffer from the reviewer's personal prejudices, but I am concerned at their comments about NOD32's poor performance in actually detecting viruses, and I must admit I do agree that the naming of the various modules does seem unnecessarily obscure.

I also just this week came across an issue of concern which appears to be highlighted in their tests, in that NOD32 popped up a warning that it had found a trojan in an e-mail, I selected the option to delete it, and then found the email was still listed in my Outlook 2007 Junk Email folder! A bit disconcerting.

So I'd be delighted to get the users of this forum's take on the review, and hope you will be able to give me some reassurance that I've not made a mistake in buying NOD32 (or sticking with AVG free which interestingly came out much near the top of the ratings, although they could not recommend it).

OK, let the flak begin ;)

2. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

3. dannyboy

dannyboy Registered Member

the name of each module is clearly stated in the top of the control centre, when selected.

Regardless, the module names will be done away with in the upcoming v3.

4. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Oh boy another computer mag test. :rolleyes:
    I'll worry about this one like the last one.
    Not at all. :cool:

5. guitareth

guitareth Registered Member

6. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

No worries, Don't concern yourself with poor reviews, you have made a good choice. No AV is perfect, they all have problems, just use the one that works best for you on your system/s.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.